Recipes | Back
Prep: 15 min
Most boxed pudding is naturally gluten-free and thickened with cornstarch.
But this 15-minute luscious homemade vanilla pudding is delicious and easy!
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 ¼ cups whole or 2% milk
(or half and half for creamier texture)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk cornstarch, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Add milk and yolks. Cook over medium heat until mixture is bubbling, ~6-8 minutes, whisking every few minutes.
- Cook for two more minutes, whisking occasionally, then remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla.
- Pudding will have thickened some, and will continue to thicken as it cools. Refrigerate until chilled.